Monday, March 20, 2006

ATC Camp

Hey, I haven't been blogging for 3 months already. So far 1 term has been gone and it's been quite ok. The holidays are almost ending but there are still 2 more extra days of holiday because the teachers have to go for some meeting or training.
Meanwhile, during the holidays, I went for the Adventure Training Camp (ATC) by Royal Rangers from Wednesday to Saturday (15 to 18 March). The camp was simply wonderful. The Holy Spirit really blessed the camp and the spirit there was really wonderful, the patrol spirit, the camp spirit and even the spirit of the commanders. We started off with creating our patrol name and we called ourselves Holy Bears. Then we pitched our campsite and our patrol was very lucky to have the largest campsite. Our team spirit was evidently present and we completed our requirement within the first day and got a bronze the next day during flag raising. I then cooked dinner which was packet noodles, egg, vegetables and luncheon meat. The food turned out to be nice. We then had evening classes before a campfire at night which was like most other campfires, except of the Christian element which we had. The council fire a.k.a. campfire consisted of cheers, campsite songs, acts, stories and after that, there came the Christian element. We had worship and a sermon by pastor Rachel (was it?). It was something like a revival. Then we went to bathe in the toilets where we only had a bucket of cold water and a scoop to bathe in (imagine if you run out of water). After that we went to sleep at 12. I managed to finally sleep at 12.30am, praise the lord. The next morning we woke up at 5am. We then had devotion and breakfast and then flag raising. It was followed by morning lessons such as firecraft, toolcraft, ropecraft, etc. Then we cooked our own food which was tin foil cooking which consisted of chicken, carrots and potatoes. It was quite disastarous as the charcoal fire was not strong enough and the food took a long time to cook. However we manager to eat some food and it was yummy. We had some water games and got people wet before having more classes. Then we had dinner which was sausage buns with vegetables and baked beans. The dinner turned out well and then we had more evening classes before having another campfire, just the same as the day before, except the boy patrols had to light the council fire and the girl patrols having to perform a stunt (skit). Then we bathed in the horrible toilet again and went to sleep in the tent at 1am. The next day we woke up at 6am and the morning was the same as the day before's. We got our silver medal during the flag raising and I was the patrol guide on that day. In the afternooon, we had tin foil for lunch, except this time it was fish, potatoes and carrots. It was as disastarous as yesterday but the food was nice again. We then had water games the whole afternoon. Observation: The girls always are the losing teams in the water games. Inference: The girls... (no offence). Then we had dinner which was supposed to be claypot chicken rice but ended up to be claypot chicken porridge. However, time and time again, even though I still don't know why, the food turned out to be nice again. Dinner was followed by evening lessons before the council fire. During that council fire, I managed to be baptised by the holy spirit. Praise the Lord. Then we stayed up until 4am to do our workbooks and I decided not to go to bed after that which meant not sleeping. I managed to not sleep without really feeling tired. However during devotion I got too comfortable and dozed off, hitting my head on the wall 3 times. After devotion, we had breakfast and then packed up our campsite before having a McDonalds burger for lunch before having the ceremony. Our patrol got the gold medal which other patrols got too, not only from the ATC, but also the patrols from the JTC and AJTC. Every patrol got the gold medal. I still wasn't feeling tired then. I went home after the ceremony and bathed and came back for RR. I still wasn't feeling tired eventhough I didn't sleep (minus the 1 or 2 minutes where I dozed off during devotion). Then for RR the people who went for ATC (including me) had to do worship. The worship was a little shaky, but it was ok considering that it was our first time. I saw and compared the spirit of our outpost rangers with the rangers in the camp, there was a big difference; the spirit in the camp was high, everyone would be singing, cheering their hearts out, everyone would be enthusastic, reply a question with all our voices, but in our outpost the rangers would all stand there, see you sing and reply like half-dead, totally no spirit at all. The ranger class ended early without lessons, only a sharing of pictures about the ATC camp. After the class, me and Ji Heng were playing the guitar and singing while the other ATC graduates went back to sleep in the room we had most of our lessons in during ATC. Then after church I went home and suddenly got very tired. So I slept for about 1hour and woke up half alseep. I couldn't really remember someone sending me an sms and I replied to it, all half alseep. Then we went to the airport to send my dad off while I was very sleepy and after a drink, it was time for my dad to leave. We did the normal stuff everyone would do when a loved one would leave. Then we went home and I slept at 1am.
I don't know why I didn't feel tired even though I didn't sleep the last night. Maybe it was just that I was too excited, maybe it was just that I had enough energy. Or it could have been Jesus who was there for me. God Rocks.

No comments: