Sunday, August 27, 2006

The last...

Friday was inter-house debates finals. I ponned cca to watch it (yay). The topic was THBT in this world there is no more "Auspicum Meloris Aevi" (excuse me, my spelling sucks) (meaning: hope for a better age). I thought we deserved to win but we lost 3-2 to Buckley. No excuses, but everybody thought we deserved to win, including Mrs Smith but there were 5 judges and there was a teacher, 3 debaters from other houses, and... a Buckleyan J1 or 2 student.

Saturday, I went for the final of the 8 weeks of IMO junior training 'torture' (somewhat) x 3 hours which brings it to 24 hours of challenging maths. Yay, it's finally over, and I don't think I will get into the senior team, it's already been long and tiring enough and has way exceeded my expectations. Actually I didn't want to go for SMO but my mother and maths teacher wanted me to go, so I went for the first round and anyhow do the questions. Then I got into the second round, which was quite of a surprise and so I went and there was about 200 over people, so I didn't think I would get into the top 30. But somehow I managed to get into IMO junior team training which only 50 people managed to get into. So then I thought that there was a realistic chance of getting into the top 30, and which I managed to get 17th in the country. Now the journey has come to an end...probably

Today was the last guitar lesson in which we had to do somewhat like an American Idol 'audition' but was more on a review. I did the easiest song and the 'judges' said it was quite good considering that I started off with zero experience.

The upcomming week is slack week. Monday and Tuesday, special programmes to Pulau Ubin and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) respectively. Wednesday is staff training so it's a holiday for us, Thursday is teachers' day celebration until 10.15am and Friday is teachers' day holiday.

No comments: